Assalamu Alaykum, Dear Brothers,I hope you are well Alhamdulillah. I am Also Fine Alhamdulillah. Are you searching Dua for after prayer ? then you have came right place.
I am going to tell You some Dua which you should recite after five-time Salah (Prayer). After reading This Article you will understand very well. In sha Allah.
Why we make Dua after salah?
Before Discussing Dua for after prayer first you should know some important things. if you know that then you can pray well.
One of the best times to pray to Almighty Allah Sub’hana wa Ta’la after Performing Solah (Namaz). Our Prophet (ﷺ) was reciting some special Duas after performing the Salah and the Companions were reciting as well. we have to recite These special Duas after five time-Solah. Insha Allah.
Benefits of Reciting Dua
Almighty Allah says in Quran: ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ (“Call on Me; I will answer your”- Surah Ghafir,60). Dua Can Change your Taqdeer. Our Prophet (ﷺ) said: “Nothing turns back the Luck except Dua, and nothing increases the life-span except good deeds” (Timizi 2139).
The Dua of three types of people are 100% accepted
The Dua of Three types of people are accepted. first the dua of oppressed, and the Traveler, and the Dua of Parent. Our Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) said “The Dua of Three types of people are accepted, there is no doubt in them (about them being accepted): first the dua of oppressed, and the Traveler, and Dua of Parent. (Abu aud 1536,Tirmizi 1905,Ibn-e-Mazah 3863).
The Dua of some types of people are not accepted
we need to know, why our dua is not Being Accepted? Here I have listed some reasons which shall Help you to Better Understand.
- The person who is making a weak dua: This Means that person who making dua is not sure whether Allah will Accept dua or not. also, he might memorize words without faith & Emotions.
- The person who is not consuming Halal: when we get involved in Haram, our Dua will not be accepted.
- The sinful person: A sinful person first needs to ask forgiveness from Allah. Allah is most merciful, he loves to forgive.
In a Hadith, The Prophet (ﷺ) said, ‘A man has traveled a long way, tired. Then he prays at night without sleeping and prays to Allah, O Allah! forgive my sins. But his food is Haram, his drink is Haram, and his clothes are Haram. Everything is Haram. Therefore, no matter how carefully he prays in a tired body, or without sleeping, it will not be accepted by Allah. ‘(Mishkat: 260, Darimi: 2717, Muslim: 1015).
Dua for after prayer (Salah)
What Dua do you say after prayer? Ans. Finally, I am Going to Share with you Some Beautiful Dua & Azkar which Our Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) was reciting after the Completion of the Salah (Namaz).
(1) Takbir: After Completion of the Salah, Allahu-Abar (الله اكبر) (Allah is Grate) Narrated Ibn-e-Abbas (Grace & Mercy of Allah Upon him) I used to recognize the completion of the prayer of the Prophet (ﷺ) by hearing Takbir. Allahu-Abar (الله اكبر) (Bukhari-842,Muslim-583)
(2) Istigfar : 3 Time “Astagfirullah” (استغفر الله) (O Allah Forgive me) (Muslim-1362)
(3) Dua for peace and blessings from Allah
اَللّهُمَّ أَنْتَ السَّلَامُ وَمِنْكَ السَّلَامُ تَبَارَكْتَ يَا ذَا الْجَلَالِ وَالْإِكْرَام-
“Allahumma Antas-Salamu wa minkas-Salamu Tabarakta Ya-zal-Jalali wal Ikram” (O Allah, You are As-Salam, and from you is As-Salam. You are blessed, O One of Magnificence and Generosity). This is thea best Dua after prayer (salah) for peace and blessing from Allah.
Mother of Believers Hazrat ‘Aishah (Mercy of Allah upon her) said: When the Prophet (ﷺ) uttered taslim,(After Completion of Salah) he used to say: That Dua. (Abu-Daud 1512,Tirmizi,Nasay,Ibn-e-Mazah)
(4) Dua to praise Allah: Our Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) was reciting after every Salah.
لَا إِلهَ إِلَّا اللّهُ وَحْدَه لَا شَرِيْكَ لَه لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيْرٌ – اَللّهُمَّ لَا مَانِعَ لِمَا أَعْطَيْتَ وَلَا مُعْطِيَ لِمَا مَنَعْتَ وَلَا يَنْفَعُ ذَا الْجَدّ مِنْكَ الْجَدُّ
“La ilaha illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu l-mulku wa lahu l-hamdu, wa huwa ala kulli shay’in qadir. Allahumma la mania lima ataita, wa la m’utiya lima manata, wa la yanfau dhal-jaddi minka l-jadd”
O, Allah! Nobody can hold back what you gave, nobody can give what You held back, and no struggler’s effort can benefit against You].” And Al-Hasan said, “Al-jadd’ means prosperity.
The Prophet (ﷺ) used to say after every compulsory prayer That Dua. (Bukhari-844,Muslim 593) This is a good Dua for after prayer (salah) to praise Almighty Allah.
(5) Our Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) was reciting Surah Ikhlas, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas. (Sahi Ibn-e- Hibban 2008)
(6) Tasbh-e-Fatimi:- Our Prophet (ﷺ) was teaching these to the companions with importance. 33 time “Subhanallah” (سُبْحاَنَ اللهِ) Glory be to Allah, 33 time “Al-Hamdulillah” (اَلْحَمْدُ لِلهِ) Praise be to Alla, 34 time “Allahu Akbar” (اَلّلَهُ اَكْبَرْ) Allah is the Greatest. ( Miskat- 966) It’s called Tasbih-e-Fatimi as well.
(7) Dua for the remembrance of Allah: This is one of the Dua that, the Prophet (ﷺ) encouraged to read after our prayers.
اللَّهُـمَّ أَعِـنِّي عَلـَى ذِكْـرِكَ وَشُكْـرِكَ وَحُسْـنِ عِبَـادَتِـكَ
(Allahumma aa-inni’ala zikrika wa syukrika wa ḥusni ‘ibādatik) ( Abu daud)
(8) Dua to be steadfast in the religion: This is powerful Dua for after prayer (salah). Many of the companions, including the mothers of the believers, Hazrat Aisyah & Ummu Salamah (R) reported that the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) used to recite this Dua abundantly.
يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِينِكَ
(Yaa Muallibal qulubi-thabbit Qalbi Ala Dinik)
(O Allah) O Controller of the hearts, make my heart steadfast in Your religion. ( Tirmizi )
Dear Brothers and Sisters in this Article I have discussed about “Dua for after prayer (salah)’. If you have any question after reading “Dua for after prayer (salah)” then you can ask in comment box. I will Answer Insha Allah.
If you want to know about Dua After Fajr & Maghrib Salah Then Click Here
How do you Dua after prayer?
After completing the Prayer recite some duas and Azkar which are mentioned in Article then,
(1) Raise your hands into the position of making dua.
(2) Face the qiblah..
(3) Praise Allah as He deserves.
(4) Use Allah’s beautiful names to call Him.
(5) Whatever you want from Almighty Allah ask from Heart.
(6) Have faith that your dua will be accepted and Allah will respond one way or another
Can we ask Dua after Salah?
Yes, you can ask dua after Salah. (Dua is the brain (root) of worship-Tirmizi Hadith no 3371.) Allah says in Quran: ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ (“Call on Me; I will answer your”- Surah Ghafir,60). One of the best times to pray to Almighty Allah S.w.a after Performing Solah (Namaz). there is no prohibition to make Dua after Solah. you can make dua any time. some Shaikh forbade making dua without any evidences.
When should I make dua?
You can make Dua any time but After Salah (Prayer is the best time) Duas are accepted after Salah.
How do I start my Dua?
(1) Begin by praising Allah (SWT).
(2) Send prayers upon the Prophet (ﷺ).
(3) Ask for forgiveness.
(4)Whatever you want from Almighty Allah ask from Heart.
(5)Mention Wasila of Prophet (ﷺ) or good deeds you have done for the sake of Allah (SWT)